Private Cantonese Tutoring for English Speakers
We don’t avoid the differences between English and Cantonese; we bridge them. The private tutoring materials you will use are designed specifically for English speakers, providing word-for-word translations that help you parallel the two making it easier for you to learn.
Why Private Tutoring?
We believe each student is different, and we like it that way. That’s why your private tutoring lessons let you:
- tailor each lesson to your specific experiences and needs, whether you’re a homemaker or a business executive
- receive in-depth individual feedback on your pronunciation, word choice, and sentence structure
- control the pace of the course to optimize your learning
- organize classes around your schedule, especially if you travel often
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced learner, we want you to feel at home. Learned it before? We’ll do an assessment on you during our free trial lesson to make sure we find the right level for you to succeed.
- pronunciation fundamentals
- key words for transportation
- numbers, time and money
- the most common verbs
- useful colloquial phrases
- ways to express feelings and preferences
- useful expressions and idioms
- particles and contractions
- relative clauses
- topics of your choosing, such as family, work, hobbies, etc.
- up-to-date idioms, slang, synonyms and antonyms
- how to recognize common Chinese characters
- how to understand and speak in a formal manner
Individual Tutoring Rates
HK$320 / hour
HK$280 / hour
HK$240 / hour
All rates are inclusive of course materials. Transportation costs will be additional if tutors are required to conduct lessons at your home or workplace.
Ready to give Cantonese a try? Sign up
for your free trial lesson